I am a bad blogger, I was nominated for an award, and because life got in the way I didn’t have a chance to follow it up. Not only that, but a dear blogging friend, tried to cheer me up with some interesting questions and I didn’t get the chance to do them.
Firstly A H Amin who asked me the following questions:
1. What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten in public?
hmm, probably nothing that strange, I am a veggie, and a fussy one at that. I don’t really eat weird things, but I have tried Deer in Nepal, and some other strange meats that I have no idea what they were. But as for strange… literally nothing!
2. If you had to go on an adventure, with elves, dwarves, or hobbits, who would you take and why?
Gandalf? Clearly a sick wizard!
3. You are at a rural retreat lodge somewhere deep in Wisconsin or Canada. You are approached by a taxidermist who hands you a stuffed badger and asks you to put it in your lap. What do you do next?
Politely decline and make a hasty retreat!! Or reach for the shotgun that’s clearly stowed behind the door of the cabin, and tell him to back the fuck away with the rodent!
4. If you were given biscotti, would you prefer it with coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
Not drinking caffeine currently for obvious reasons, but I am partial for a mocha!!
5. In your opinion, who is the funniest man or woman alive today (comedian)
Lee Evans, or Michael McIntyre.
6. If you were given thirty seconds on television to say something, what would it be?
Well I have been on television, I was the lead character in a children’s programme that aired twice a week for six weeks when I was 16… but if I told you what it was I would have to kill you!
IF I got to go on prime time TV now and say something meaningful?
“Keep chasing the dream, and never forget it, love well, live hard, and sleep when you die!”
7. What is your idea of the most romantic date setting ever?
I dont have a single romantic bone in my body. er… Dirty weekend away? Ok maybe not… um… Dinner under the Eiffel tower? Ugh, god I duno. I give up!
8. If you could go on one date with a movie or television star, who would it be and why?
As long as the wife’s not listening then Ellen Page…
Because I fancy the shit out of her!!
But if the wifes listening… ah fuck it, she knows I think shes hot!
If not her, then maybe Mila Kunis… nom nom nom.
Altho… Thor is pretty hot, and I always thought Ryan Gosling looked like my wifes brother, so I can’t help but find him attractive!!
9. What is the worst song you have ever heard?
All things R&B, Rap, Hip Hop or heavy metal…. sorry for any fans out there!
10. If you could live anywhere else, where would it be?
Duno about live… but I would be right here….
11. Who- in your opinion- was the greatest person to ever live?
Da Vinci. No questions. Fucking Ledge.
Ok, so the other two people I owe a posts to are Rebecca, and 2cagedbirds for nominating me for the Liebster award
Ok so there are lots of rules related to the Liebster, but instead of nominating and asking questions etc, I am just going to answer the questions asked of me, and I will add another page to my blog, with a list of all my favourite and regularly read blogs…. That will happen… shortly!
1. Your earliest childhood memory?
Waiting at the window for hours on end, asking my mother if “that was daddys car”
“is that daddies car, momma?”
He would never turn up.
2. Music playing when you made love for the first time, or associated with your first love
er… cant remember or dont want to remember… in fact I dont think there was music on.
3. How you feel about that person now
First person I loved wasn’t the first person I made love too. The first person I made love to I feel indifferent about, the first person I loved… I still think they are attractive and I hope they are happy.
4. How you feel about that music now
5. Favourite recent song
ooh, too many, I like
Swedish House Mafia – Greyhound
Lies – Otto Dix
Perfect Replacement – Example
6. What hurts your feelings most nowadays? One example please!
Tough, because I very very rarely get my feelings hurt. I have a ridiculously thick skin, and a pretty big sense of humour.
I dont like people mugging me off, or disrespecting me.
7. What you would like to do next in your life
Have this baby, and finish my bloody novel.
8. Are you attracted to your own sex?
9.What is the worst aspect of the opposite sex?
EVERYTHING. Usually rubbish in bed (sorry!) they can’t communicate and most of the ones I have known are pretty ignorant.
10. Can pets replace people in your life?
Probably! I have two cats, and I love them dearly!
11. Will you fall in love again?
I hope not, not in romantic love anyway, I love my wife too much to fall for anyone else. But I imagine I will fall in love with my baby in a different way, a parental love.
- What was your favorite book as a child?
Thats impossible to answer, I read everything, literally everything when I was a kid. So much so, I had to change libraries cause I’d read everything! Also depends what age you mean by kid? as a young child I like wierd books by babette cole, as a teenager I read everything under the sun, from kids books by jacqueline wilson, to classics like of mice an men…. probably my fave from my teenage years was ‘A Solitaire Mystery” by Jostein Gaarder
2. What are your favorite midnight snacks?
dont tend to snack at night, but probably a bagel, and juice!
3. If you got to have a fictional dinner party, who would you invite? Your list better include me and Harry Potter, or you can just skip this question.
Do you know, I probably would invite all my fave bloggers, I would also invite some of the characters from my novel, and Da Vinci, Mandela, my mum and my bezzie mates
4. When you were a kid, what did you want your name to be? Be honest, everyone goes through that phase.
I have no idea, I always wanted to change my name though, because my real name is ridiculously long. but I love the name Sacha Black, and I have considered changing my name by depole to it. Sometimes, I feel like I am more Sacha Black than I am the real me. I will certainly be publishing my work under the name Sacha Black.
5. Got any tattoos?
yeh one, that said I was a dick when I was 18!! My arms the one in the middle, my friends are mocking me, its meant to be the symbol for psychology…. which looks like the symbol next to the photo, but thats what happens when you draw things in a tattoo parlour when your inebriated in a foreign country… told you i was a dick… can I also point out when I have been drunk and passed out my mates think its funny to draw a spoon and a knife next to the fork!!
6. You can visit anyplace, real or fictional. Where do you go?
fictional…. the world I have created in my novel….
real life… China or Africa
7. What’s the coolest place you’ve ever actually visited?
Ive trekked up to Mount Everest Base camp….
Everest is the tall black mountain in the back right of the photo. Its black because its so high it is in the wind currents and the wind has blown all the snow off.
8. In detail, tell us how you feel about shag carpet. (I may or may not be struggling for ideas.)
shag carpet? What the thingy thats white and fluffy… um, they are usually itchy! but i kinda like them!!
9. Stealing from Amy this time. Write a haiku about your favorite article of clothing.
not sure how to do this, so I will get back to you on this one!
10. Do you like “Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along-Blog? If you’ve never watched it, go do so now. Netflix or Youtube. I’ll wait. Ok. So, did you like it?
not sure i get it… but I did youtube!!
11. Favorite musical artist?
good question, I like loads.
Example, Swedish house mafia, gemini, flux pavilion, Otto Dix, James Arthur, ludovico einaudi, Missy Higgins, Snow Patrol, Pink, robbie williams! basically anyting dubstep, or basey, oh and Emeli Sande, which can I just add everyone thinks I look like her! One day when I reveal myself, I will do a separated at birth type post with a photo of me and her!
Thats all folks… will post up the list of bloggers shortly….